Closing Date: June 10, 2019
Headlong Origins is a Director’s scheme designed to support the development of Directors across the UK outside of London. Our ambition is to celebrate and nurture undeniable emerging talent that exists throughout the UK, and to diversify the pool of Directors Headlong is currently engaging with. While there is some provision to help theatre Directors develop a career in London, there is still a deficit regionally, and as such this scheme is for Directors who live and are committed to making work outside of London.
Headlong is a touring theatre company with a big imagination. We bring innovative new work and re-imagined classics to audiences across the country. We are looking for Directors with proven directing experience, who would significantly benefit from this scheme at this stage in their career.
This scheme offers:
• A bursary of £5,000 to support your practice, and use however you see fit. This could be anything from childcare to paid research time.
• Budget for theatre tickets, travel and accommodation to see shows across the UK.
• A fixed term position as an Associate Artist at Headlong, providing access to Headlong as a company. This could include attending team meetings, immersion into our artistic planning, using our office space, and engaging with our rehearsal processes where appropriate.
• Mentorship from the Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director at Headlong, and other employees where appropriate.
• Networking opportunities and industry introductions.
• Opportunities to be considered for employment as either an Assistant or Associate Director at Headlong.
• The opportunity to pitch a development process on an idea for Headlong.
• The opportunity at the end of this scheme to pitch a production as a Director for Headlong to produce.
This scheme is open to any professional Director who is over 18 and has at least two years professional directing experience. The Director must have directed at least two professional productions, this can include fringe shows (with runs of no less than three weeks), and/or substantial community theatre work. This scheme is for directors who are not currently ready to direct mid-scale touring work but would be at the end of their time on Headlong Origins.
At Headlong, we believe that having a team from a wide range of backgrounds makes for a more dynamic company. We are interested in supporting artists who might have less access to the profession due to barriers such as class, disability, gender, geography or ethnicity.
For more information please refer to the recruitment pack below. If you have any difficulties downloading the pack please refresh your webpage. If you are still unable to download the pack please email email@example.com.